Meal of the Month: Brilliant Buttermilk Scones With Thyme
While looking for a delicious treat this month, we uncovered this amazing recipe by Marta Potoczek who writes for Lazysundaycooking.com.
Scones are commonly associated with England, Scotland and Ireland but nobody’s really sure which country ‘invented’ them. We’re just glad they came into existence!
Photo credit: Marta Potoczek
Buttermilk Scones with Thyme
- 225g white flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- half cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients and add a butter cut into small cubes, then rub it into the flour mix.
- Add thyme, buttermilk and mix everything with your hands. Then start to knead it delicately.
- Form a round shape about 2cm high. Cut round shapes using a glass.
- Brush each scone with an egg and sprinkle with some more fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake in 200C (400F) for about 15 minutes.
Marta highly recommends combining these scones with delicious lemon curd.
To learn more about Click & Grow, head over to homepage. Discover how the Smart Garden 3 and Smart Garden 9 make growing fresh, organic food and flowers at home easier than ever.
Stay tuned to our blog for valuable features such as green living tips, ways to create sustainable homes, the importance of food safety, how to grow plants indoors and much more.