Easy DIY Lavender Oil Recipe
Lavender is known for its beautiful aroma and charming appearance. It also happens to be a very health-inspiring herb.
Lavender oil is widely used in aromatherapy as it is known for its calming effect. A few drops of lavender oil smoothed onto a pillow can assist with sleep. It is believed to lower blood pressure, boost circulation and strengthen muscles.
It is also used as a massage oil to treat skin problems and to help lessen pain. It is particularly appreciated for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. A systematic review suggests, however, that further research is needed to determine how much of an effect it has on humans.
Here’s a DIY lavender oil recipe you can easily make at home:
- Sprigs of fresh lavender
- Any non scented or lightly scented oil (olive oil works well, although check bottle to make sure the aroma is not overpowering)
- Vitamin E drops (optional)
- Cut sprigs of lavender. Leave approximately 1 oz. that you can dry.
- Hang lavender upside down to dry for 2 weeks. Ensure the room is dark and dry.
- Place your dried lavender into a clean glass jar.
- Pour olive oil over the lavender inside the jar. Stop once the lavender is completely covered. Close jar, shake thoroughly and keep near a window (although away from direct sunlight).
- Leave to infuse for a week, remembering to shake the jar every other day.
- Strain using a strainer. Use a funnel to pour the concoction into a clean glass gar.
- Store in a cool, dark room. Oil will stay good for up to a year. If you do not have a cool, dark room, add a few drops of vitamin E to boost the mixture’s shelf life.
Fully automated indoor gardens that grow plants for you while making sure they have enough water, light, oxygen and nutrients. The easiest indoor gardening solution on the market.
Stay tuned to our blog for features such as green living tips, ways to create sustainable homes, the importance of food safety, how to grow plants indoors, amazing life lessons plants teach us, and much more.