Gift Guide: New Plant Combo Packages
Need an inspiring gift for a friend or family member? We’ve got it all planned out for you. Our new plant combo packages are guaranteed to please everyone from foodies to tiny scientists!
The Foodie - The Smart Garden 9 + Pak Choi + Purple Chili + Romaine Lettuce + Dill
Every meal is an adventure for foodies... The taste of each home grown plant is an amazing experience waiting to happen. A Smart Garden 9 enables foodies to grow multiple treasures all at once. Pak Choi’s peppery taste will intrigue their taste buds while Purple Chili will add a distinctive kick to their favorite dishes. The crunch of fresh, Romaine Lettuce and the enticing aroma of Dill are certain to delight their senses. This combination is designed for foodies who appreciate the finest fresh food around.
Recipe idea: Maroulosalata (Romaine Lettuce Salad)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded or cut in ¼ inch ribbons
- 2 bunches of green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano, or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the lettuce, onions and dill.
- Finely chop the romaine lettuce, giving it a shredded feel and ensure there are no chunky pieces.
- Slice the green onions to the thickness you prefer and finely chop the dill.
- Add the green onions, dill, and romaine lettuce to a bowl.
- Mix together olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
The Fitness Fanatic - The Smart Garden 9 + Red Kale + Chili Pepper + Green Sorrel + Leaf Mustard
Feeling great, looking fantastic and eating well. These are priorities any fitness fanatic can relate to. A Smart Garden 9 allows fitness fanatics to grow the freshest, most nutritious greens with ease. Red Kale and Leaf Mustard are excellent sources of vitamins and antioxidants while Chili Pepper will add spice to their favorite post-workout meals. Green Sorrel will provide them with an excellent source of vitamins A, B-6 and C, as well as iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. This powerhouse combination is for those who want their bodies to receive the very best nutrition from the freshest plants.
Recipe Idea: Sorrel Smoothie Dream
- 1 cup sorrel leaves
- 1 orange
- 2 apples
- 0,5 cup (mineral) water (still)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 leaves mint
- 1 tbsp honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (one square, to be sprinkled on top)
- Take the sorrel leaves. Rinse the sorrel leaves several times under running water, so that any dust and dirt is removed. Dry the leaves (you can use kitchen towels).
- Note: you are recommended not to use the hard stems of the sorrel since most blenders won't cut them
- Peel the orange. Try to remove as much of the bitter-tasting white pith as possible. Cut out the core of the apple and slice it into smaller chunks together with the orange.
- Note: Use ripe and juicy fruits; this way your smoothie will taste the best.
- Put the sorrel and water in the blender and process until the sorrel is finely chopped. Add the chunks of orange and apple, as well as the mint leaves, sesame seeds and honey into the blender. Process until smooth.
- The smoothie is now ready to be poured into smoothie jars or glasses. Grate the dark chocolate and sprinkle it on top of the smoothie.
Credit to Katia for this fantastic recipe.
The Flower Lover - The Smart Garden 3 + Lavender + Busy Lizzie + Sweet Alyssum
Mention the words ‘beautiful flowers’ to any flower lover and you’ll notice their eyes twinkle with delight. The Smart Garden 3 allows flower lovers to grow the most stunning flowers indoors, all year round. Lavender’s sweet aroma will greet them each morning while Busy Lizzie’s vivid colors will fill them with inspiration each and every day. Flower lovers will be thrilled at how easy it is to grow Sweet Alyssum too. This combination is designed to make every flower lover’s indoor gardening wishes come true. House guests will be lining up to admire this gorgeous assortment.
Recipe idea: Lavender Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 1 ounce milk chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender buds
- Heat milk and lavender over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the milk begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and let lavender steep for 5 minutes. Strain lavender and return milk to saucepan.
- Over medium heat, add chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted and incorporated.
- Whisk milk mixture for 10-20 seconds until frothy.
- Pour into mugs or bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Credit to ‘à la mode’ for this delicious recipe.
The Tiny Scientist - The Smart Garden 3 + Dwarf Pea + Dwarf Basil + Purple Chili
You’re never too young to be excited about gardening! This combination is especially designed for young ones with an inquisitive mind. The Smart Garden 3 makes growing plants extremely simple. It allows tiny scientists to grow and harvest their own plants with their families from the comfort of their own homes. Dwarf Peas germinate in just 2 weeks and look splendid when fully grown. Dwarf Basil requires very little care and it’s fascinating to watch Purple Chilis develop color over time. This combination will give tiny scientists a true gardening experience to remember.
- Dwarf Pea develops fruits & seeds - collect these and see if you can germinate them later on.
- Purple Chili has beautiful flowers - pollinate the flowers using a paintbrush to help them develop fruits. Remember to wash your hands after touching a chili plant and avoid rubbing your eyes.